Troy was born in Maitland and was educated in Tamworth and has called communities in the Maitland, Barwon, Tamworth, Newcastle, Charlestown, Swansea, Lake Macquarie, Cessnock, Goulburn, Northern Tablelands and Drummoyne electorates home.
His proudest achievements have been community-based initiatives including his Adopt-A-Cop program, which he implemented in Gilgandra and Brewarrina, and initiating IPROWD: ‘Indigenous Police Recruitment Out-West Delivery Project’ for which he received the Premier’s Public Sector and Commissioner’s Unit awards.
Troy is married to Toni and their two children attend local schools in Dubbo.
As a proud and supportive father, Troy has always been heavily involved in his communities through sport and charitable endeavours, he has coached many junior sporting teams, refereed both junior and senior rugby league and now actively supports and encourages his children in their own sporting and community groups.
Troy has raised over $250,000 for local community groups and charities. He has built a consistent record of achievement for the community throughout many parts of regional and rural NSW during his career.
Troy is passionate about using this experience to fight for the wider electorate of Dubbo and New South Wales on all issues impacting on prosperity and efficiency in State parliament.
Troy’s career highlights include:
- 22 year police career
- Reached the rank of Inspector of Police
- Received two Commissioner’s Commendations for Courage
- Initiated Adopt-A-Cop program which he implemented in Gilgandra and Brewarrina
- Implemented IPROWD: ‘Indigenous Police Recruitment Out-West Delivery Project’ for which he received the Premier’s Public Sector and Commissioner’s Unit award
- Has served in the communities of the Maitland, Barwon, Tamworth, Newcastle, Charlestown, Swansea, Lake Macquarie, Cessnock, Goulburn, Northern Tablelands and Drummoyne electorates
- Minister in the 55th Parliament – Minister for Trade and Investment, Minister for Regional Infrastructure and Services, Minister for Tourism and Major Events, Minister for Hospitality, Gaming and Racing, Minister for the Arts
- Deputy Premier of NSW
- Minister in the 56th Parliament – Minister for Justice an d Police, Minister for the Arts, Minister for Racing
- Awarded National Police Service Medal in 2015